Sunday, August 14, 2011

TBAI - Show Review

Hey Everyone!
We have just arrived back home in Chicago after being away for a week. Zac and I took a road trip over to NY state for TBAI this year. Along the way, we made several stops, including Niagara Falls and we had a great time!

I wanted to share with you some pictures of my table from the show. We had a large variety with us this year. I had 28 different pieces that I made, plus several pieces of hand-dyed mohair available, along with new Teds 'n Such mouse pads, coffee mugs, and notebooks. Zachary has also been making jewelry, so we had several of his necklaces available.


We got to meet many new people and make new friends this year! Everyone that we met was friendly and it all just added up to a great weekend. We were at the show starting on Thursday night for the Gala. Then we went on a tour of a Victorian home and art museum in Binghamton during the day on Friday. Friday night was a reception where our gallery pieces were shown for the first time to the public, which was followed by a wonderful 5 course banquet. On Saturday was the show, where I'm happy to say that several of my pieces found new homes! Thank you to all of you who adopted a bear from me this weekend! When the show was over, there was a picnic at the Binghamton Zoo, but we weren't able to make it. We had to begin our drive back home. We're very sorry if we missed you at the picnic! We had originally planned to go, but had to rearrange our plans to accommodate for a 7 hour drive last night. This morning we drove the rest of the way back to Chicago and now we're home.

One more thing I would like to share with you: I met my friend Cheryl Hutchinson of Bingle Bears last year at TBAI. I was able to adopt one of her bears when I attended the Reunion in the Heartland convention in Clarion, IA last summer and quickly started talking to her online. This year, Cheryl was an exhibitor this year at the show. It was her very first time bringing her bears to a show. She makes wonderful bears and I was able to adopt one of them this weekend! Below is a picture of my new bear, Jeremy with his little teddy made by her daughter, Corrine, sitting with the bear I adopted last summer, Maxwell. You should check her out by following her blog: http://www.binglebears.com
Hugs,
TCD

5 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Your table looks loaded with wonderful stuff. I am glad it was a good show for you. Someday I would love to go to that show.

ginger@bearbits said...

It was nice seeing you there! TBAI is always so much fun. Congratulations on your new bear -Cheryl is sweet and lucky me to have her as my neighbor at the show. I guess it all evens out as you guys were my neighbors last year! Now to work it out so that you all and Cheryl are nearby... Glad to find your blog!

~ginger

Mr. Crain-Davis said...

Hey Joanne! The show was great. You should definitely try to make it out some time!

Ginger, it was great to see you and your lovely bears again this year! That would be great if we were all close next year. I love being able to see and talk to everyone :)

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

Oh, Tyler! Maxwell and Jeremy look just perfect together!--I'm so glad that you like them. It was wonderful seeing you again this year, and I'm pleased to say that I plan on being there again next year. It was such fun!

Warmly,
Cheryl

Mr. Crain-Davis said...

Cheryl -- I'm glad to hear that you're returning next year! I'm definitely planning to be there as well! I can't wait to see all of the wonderful new creations you come up with!

Hugs,
Tyler