Friday, August 20, 2010
Time is quickly running out and the new school year will be starting soon. I am teaching at a school in Chicago which is considered to be on 'Regular' track in Chicago. This track has students beginning on the day after Labor Day. So in this short amount of time, I am trying to make some new designs before the craziness of the school year begins.
For quite some time, I have been considering the possibility of designing an antique/traditional style bear. As most of you know, my creations are not traditional. I tend to lean toward whimsical, contemporary and anime designs, but I have finally taken the plunge and designed a new, old style bear! I created a pattern with a slimmer muzzle in the head piece to look more like the teddies of the past, and he has a four piece body, which makes him hefty (and cute, in my opinion).
Here is my new design Franklin:
Franklin is a 12" teddy bear made out of a honey tan swirly and distressed mohair. He has black glass eyes, medium brown wool felt paws and foot pads, and a hand-stitched nose made of black perle cotton. Franklin is fully jointed with disk/cotterpin joints and he is firmly stuffed with polyester fiber and steel shot for weight. Franklin is available now for $110.
Please let me know what you think of this new design. I would love to hear feedback of any kind! :)
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Do you want to be a “Groupie?” In today’s technological world there are many ways to support a cause, shop online, or just simply follow one of your favorite artists and their work. Well my friends, you’re in luck. Teds ‘n Such now how the ability for you to do all three and here’s how:
1. Support a Cause- Periodically throughout the year, Teds ‘n Such will be holding promotions in conjunction with an opportunity for your purchase to impact various charities. Not only will you be receiving a hand-crafted artist creation, but you will also be supporting those in need through your purchase.
2. Teds ‘n Such is regularly updating its website and blog with adoptable bears and friends. By visiting the site you may place an order directly or contact Tyler about visiting a piece during an upcoming show. Don’t see what you want??? Teds ‘n Such has created one of a kind pieces, specialty dyed mohair, and custom orders for everything from weddings to Tiffany & Co.
3. To keep in touch with our collectors and fans, Teds ‘n Such is making a commitment to maintain an up-to-date website (www.tedsnsuch.com), blog (http://tedsnsuch.blogspot.com/), and Facebook (search Teds ‘n Such). Become our friend/follower and receive new and exciting discounts, updates, and unbeatable offers!
With all that said, let’s get to the good stuff. Teds ‘n Such wants to make you a “Groupie”. Become a follower on our blog or join our group on Facebook and immediately be placed in a raffle for one of our latest designs. By joining both you will receive TWO FREE ENTRIES! To better your chances we will be selling raffle tickets for $1 a piece, $5 for 6, or $20 for 25. By purchasing raffle tickets, you will be supporting a great cause. 50% of the money raised from the sale of raffle tickets will be donated to Good Bears of the World, "a non-profit organization that provides teddies to children of all ages where love, solace and comfort can make a difference."
1. Preston is a 10" bear made out of a golden mohair with rusty brown tips. He has black glass eyes with wool felt eyelids and a hand-stitched brown nose. Preston's paws and foot pads have been done in a reverse trapunto style with raised paws and toes. Preston has airbrushing around his paws/feet, around his eyes and his nose. Preston comes with a collar made of wooden beads and rustic bells.
2. The “Squishy” of your choice (in stock). We will send you a picture of all our available “Squishies” and you will get to hand pick your new adopted friend.
3. A 15% off coupon for any online or upcoming show purchase.
Drawing will take place on Saturday, October 23rd.
We look forward to hearing from you!!!!
Keep an eye out on September 1st for your next big chance to be a groupie!
P.S. Don’t be shy. We love feedback on all our online accounts. Tell us what you love, what you want to see, and how many times you smiled while browsing through our friends.
Monday, August 16, 2010
I have just finished updating my website. I have reworked the design to be similar to the design of this blog and I have included several new creations. I have a brand new style available. Each of these bears has eyelids and reverse trapunto paws and feet. All of my new bears have also been accented with shading using the airbrush that I purchased at the end of June. Please check out the website and let me know what you think. Below is a preview of the new style that I have available!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
I am preparing to go to TBAI in Binghamton, NY for the first time! I have several new bears that I'll have with me and I'm very excited. The show is next weekend on Saturday, August 14th. For more information, visit the TBAI website.
The theme for the show this year is Children's Classics and I the story that I chose for my gallery piece is the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I cannot show you all the whole piece, but I wanted to give you an idea of what it will look like!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope to see you at the show next weekend. :)