Thursday, July 26, 2012

New work out of the studio!

Hello everyone!
I have been feverishly working on some new creations in preparation for TBAI.  I still have about 3 1/2 weeks before the show, but I'm going to be off to Florida for one of those weeks, so I'm trying to get as much done now before I head off on my trip.  Today, I want to show you two of my newest creations.

First up is Sho Pan II.  The original Sho Pan was included in a special Christmas Story book many years ago and a collector of mine found the book and decided she had to have one like him.  So, I searched for the materials and pulled his pattern out of retirement for this special piece, with some new updates.  Let me know what you think!

The second piece is a new bear that I made out of a wonderful new mohair that I hand-dyed and fell in love with.  For those of you that don't know, I do a lot of hand-dyeing of mohair and alpaca and like to take them to shows to offer to other artists, but with this piece I just couldn't bear to part with it.  So, I made this guy, Ronan.  Ronan is a 12" teddy bear made out of a hand dyed mohair that is silvery grey and hunter green marbled with a brown backing.  He has black glass eyes, brown ultrasuede pads, and a hand-stitched nose made out of a medium brown perle cotton.  He is fully jointed with disk/cotterpin joings and he is firmly stuffed with a mixture of polyester fiber and steel shot.  Ronan is currently available for $115.

I hope you enjoy these new creations!
TCD

4 comments:

Лилия said...

обожаю панд, классный михастик!У вас тут коды на коменты стоят, отключите их, неудобно оставлять комментарии.

Kays Kids said...

Enjoy your holiday, and I love your Panda.
Hugs

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

Oh, my goodness! I just LOVE Sho Pan-he's quite perfect!!

Mr. Crain-Davis said...

Thank you all so much! I'm really glad that you enjoy Sho Pan. I'm considering taking a look at that old design again and revamping it.