Thursday, March 24, 2011

Guess what I'm working on next...MONKEYS!

The beginning of a new design.... Sock Monkeys!

I decided to try out a sock monkey this weekend. I made one a couple of years ago from a pattern and thought it was cute, but haven't given them much thought since. Zachary's been trying to get me to make them for him because he thinks sock monkeys are cute and I like them, so I finally decided to give it a go. So, above is the materials I bought from Michael's on Thursday. I didn't have a pattern for my creation, just a crazy thought in my head and I think I'm going to keep it that way. I just cut freely into the sock to make the pieces, sewed those pieces and put him all together. This free cutting will allow for individuality in each piece that I make. I think he turned out quite fun, although he is a bit crazy with the eyes. Here is my first sock monkey, Yalo.

Hugs!
TCD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude if Kes finds out you're making sock monkeys, she's going to fly to Chicago and mug you for one! lol. everything is covered in sock monkeys.