Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ummm... Hello?

...Hello?  Is anybody out there?  I hope you haven't given up on me since it's been almost a whole month since my last post.  (Literally.  I am only one day away from it being a month since my last blog post.)

So much has happened since my last post!  I started my new teaching position! (YAY!) I'm working at a fabulous new school as a 1st - 8th grade Technology teacher.  I have my own computer lab and each class comes to see me once per week for a 60 min technology class! :)

However... after being in school for one week, the Chicago Teacher's Union went on strike (you probably heard that on the news) and we were picketing and marching for 7 school days.  We did finally get back to work this past Wednesday!

In the midst of all of this back to school excitement, I've been working on several new pieces.  I have two new bears (both incorporating the color orange... I must be in the mood for fall), a new bunny (see previous post), a new koala, and a pair of circus elephants...

Circus elephants!?  You read that correctly.  I have a pair of circus elephants made with two different kinds of unique colored mohair.  They each have a ball that they "balance" on the tips of their trunks and they have a hand-made red tutu that they wear.  Since they deal with the circus, I named them Barnum & Bailey.  Below you can see Barnum.  She is going to be up for auction this weekend (Friday, September 28th) at Good Bears of the World's Kansas City Jubilee.  I am going to be there on Saturday, September 29th with her sister Bailey and 21+ other creations for the show!  Hope to see you there!  I'll make another post a little later in the week with a sneak preview of the other pieces that I'll be taking.


Hugs,
TCD

No comments: